Did you know that you can access your tax information securely, on-line through the IRS online services feature? After registering for an account through the IRS website, you will be able to securely access individual account information such as:
IRS Services Available Online
- The amount you owe, updated for the current calendar day
- Your balance details by year
- Your payment history and any scheduled or pending payments
- Key information from your most recent tax return
- Payment plan details, if you have one
- Digital copies of select notices from the IRS
- Your Economic Impact Payments (EIP 1 and EIP 2), if any
- Request or verify your IRS issued identity theft PIN (IP-PIN)
The registration process is easy and secure but does involve a multi-step identity verification, so visiting the IRS website to make sure you have all of the information needed will save you some time.
DHJJ Recommends Setting Up An IRS Account
DHJJ recommends all clients register for an online account with the IRS to have fast, secure access to your tax information. To create an account with the IRS, visit https://sa.www4.irs.gov/eauth/pub/es_general.jsp. After verifying your identity, you’ll be able to access your account.