March 20, 2018
Webinar recording on The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act and its Impact on Businesses
The new tax law is now in effect for 2018. How does the new law impact businesses and their owners? This quick, 30-minute webinar will give you an overview on what to expect.
Presenter: Scott Singer
Major points in the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act for Businesses
- Corporate Tax rate is permanently down to a flat 21%
- Section 179 deduction amount raised from $520,000 (phased out at $2,070,000) to $1,000,000 (phased out at $2,500,000)
- Bonus Depreciation is now 100% first year deduction for qualified property acquired and placed in service after 9/27/2017 and before 1/1/2023
- Entertainment expenses are no longer deductible (such as golf or sporting events) See our article on Meals and Entertainment changes.
- S-Corps vs. C-Corps and why you may want to change your company’s filing status
View the webinar on the new tax law and its impact to Individuals.
Please sign up for our monthly newsletter to stay on top of the changes impacting your business and family.