DHJJ is a full-service CPA and business advisory firm with offices in Naperville and St Charles, Illinois. Our firm operates on the foundation of our core values: We are committed to family and faith, excellent client service and respect for each other. We are seeking a full-time staff level accountant interested in flexible hours and a great location with less time spent commuting. We offer a competitive salary with excellent benefits (including BC/BS health plan options, dental, vision, life insurance, extra paid holidays, 401(k) and profit-sharing plan), paid society memberships, training and continuing education. Salary is based on experience. Our vision is to provide a fun and challenging workplace for talented people.
- CPA Certification preferred or Eligible to sit for the CPA exam
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Good time management and organizational skills
- One to three years’ experience in public accounting
- Confident working directly with clients
- Prepare individual, business and payroll tax returns
- Prepare tax projections
- Work with an assurance team for private-company compilation, review and audit engagements in a variety of industries
- Perform general bookkeeping
- Prepare month-end close entries
- Perform bank reconciliations
- Build and maintain client relationships
- Assist in administrative functions as assigned by the partners
- Position involves work in the firm’s office or on the client’s premises. Work on the client’s premises may require the use of a personal car.
- Extra work hours (including weekends) will be required to complete tax engagements. Most of the extra hours will be required during the months of tax season. Some will be required on or around extended tax deadlines.