DHJJ is a full-service CPA and business advisory firm with offices in Naperville and St Charles, Illinois. Our firm operates on the foundation of our core values: We are committed to family and faith, excellent client service and respect for each other. We are seeking a full-time manager level business tax accountant interested in flexible hours and a great location with less time spent commuting. We offer a competitive salary with excellent benefits (including BC/BS health plan options, dental, vision, life insurance, extra paid holidays, 401(k) and profit-sharing plan), paid society memberships, training and continuing education. Salary is based on experience. Our vision is to provide a fun and challenging workplace for talented people.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Business Tax Managers are highly specialized employees with expertise in the preparation and review of all aspects of business tax. They have exhibited technical proficiency and the ability to supervise and complete business tax engagements, possess a thorough knowledge of the firm’s policies and procedures, and serve as intermediaries between partners, clients, and associates. Business Tax Managers exhibit the same positive characteristics as the rest of the firm.
- CPA Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or other major with tax and accounting course work completed
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe, Prosystem Tax / CCH Axcess Tax or equivalent tax preparation software
- Proficient in QuickBooks or equivalent accounting software
- Minimum of five years’ experience preparing all types of business tax returns with a public CPA firm
- Minimum of two years’ experience reviewing all types of business tax returns and compiled financial statements with a public CPA firm
- Experience necessary with individual tax returns as it relates to handling owners of pass-through entities
- Assume responsibility for planning, supervising, and completing tax engagements for all types of business entities
- Prepare and review complex tax planning projections for corporate tax liability
- Plan the timing and assigning of staff to engagements
- Review engagement workpapers, resolve any problems and keep the partner informed of important developments in the engagement
- Possess a working knowledge of firm technology, including the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook; firm engagement application, tax preparation, and time and billing software
- Prepare client billings
- Provide frequent feedback. Evaluate the performance of associates and senior associates
- Develop new client contacts and relationships beneficial to the firm
- Assist in administrative functions as assigned by the partners
- Recognize opportunities to provide additional services to existing clients
- Position involves work in the firm’s office or on the client’s premises. Work on the client’s premises may require the use of the manager’s personal car.
- Extra work hours (including weekends) will be required to complete business tax engagements. Most of the extra hours will be required during the months of tax season. Some will be required on or around extended tax deadlines.